Guide on Halal Certification
- Company which intend to ask halal certificate for its products is required to fill in three kind of forms namely request for halal certification form, raw material declaration form and company's affirmation form.
- A request for certification from a company should be accompanied by attached information which include quality system, standard operation procedure, specification of raw materials and ingredience, and other document supporting the halal certification request.
- A team of AIFDC auditors will audit the factory of the requesting company as soon as AIFDC received complete forms and other supporting documents. If necessary, this team will take a sample of the product to be examined laboratorically.
- The results of audit and laboratoric test of the sample products will be brought into an auditors meeting. If there is no objection for the results of audit and laboratoric test either from auditors or from the member of FATWA commission, then the halal certificate will be issued.
- Any change of ingredient, food additive or raw material should be consulted to AIFDC-ICU promptly to get an approval of usage. A company who has been awarded a halal certificate should have at least an internal auditor to ensure the halalness of the product.
Certificate's Life Time
- The halal certificate is valid for two years, except for imported meat which is valid for every one shipment.
- AIFDC will isue a notification for the certificate holder, at least two months before its expired date.
- One month before the expired date, holder of a halal certificate should apply for the new one.
- Producers who have no intention of renewing their halal certificate are not allow to use their halal certificate for any purpose. A list of expired certificate holder will be published in Halal Journal of AIFDC
- Expired certificate should be returned to AIFDC promptly.
Field Audit Procedure
- An auditor team will inspect factory of producer who ask for certification when the producer is ready. During the inspection producer is requested to give a hand by providing clear and fair information.
- The team will collect sample of products for further laboratoric examination.
- If it is necessary, AIFDC's auditors will be send to a halal certificate holder for a sudden inspection.
Awarding Of Halal Certificate
- The results of field, documents, and laboratoric examination are brought into an auditors meeting and then are consulted to FATWA commission members to get their approval.
- A Halal Certificate is issued soon after this approval.
- Producer who is approved for a halal certificate can take the certificate after fulfilling all certification expenses.
- A halal certificate issued by ICU declares lawfulness of foods - written on it - according to Islamic law.
- Halal products are all products which satisfy Islamic requirement such as:
- Do not contain pork or any part of it and do not have alcohol in it.
- Meat component should come from lawful animal which have been slaughtered according to Islamic law.
- All kind of non alcoholic drink.
- Should not be handled using equipment which are used for handling pork; any requirement contaminated by pork should be cleaned up in Islamic way.
- Halal food certificate could not be handed over to other holder.
- An expired certificate including its photo copy should not be used for any purpose
- Any lost of certificate should be reeported immediately to AIFDC-ICU
- Halal certificate issued by AIFDC is the AIFDC's property. Therefore, if AIFDC for cer